Some key messages as follows:
1. Breastfeeding is the best feeding. No child should be deprived of the benefits of human milk.
2. Breastfeeding is the first immunization for a baby and it provides optimal nutrition.
3. Breastfeeding is also beneficial for mothers as it improves bonding with the baby, helps reduce weight, reduces chances of breast cancer.
4. For babies who are unable to receive mother’s milk due to unavoidable reasons, such as baby too weak to nurse or suckle, mother’s illness,
death, abandonment, or delay in milk production. In such cases, donor milk can be lifesaving.
5. By helping mothers breastfeed, CLMCs make sure that mothers breastfeed their babies even after discharge from the hospital.
6. Mothers only donate excess milk to the CLMC after feeding their own baby.
7. Save a life, donate milk today !
Click to donate milk!
Copyright © 2019 - Human Milk Banking Association of India- All Rights Reserved.